Frozen Charlotte by Alex Bell


An instantly gripping, edge-of-your-seat thriller filled with haunted dolls, creepy settings, and horrific twists.

When fifteen-year-old Sophie's best friend dies abruptly under mysterious circumstances, Sophie sets off to stay with her uncle and cousins on the remote Isle of Skye. It's been years since she last saw her cousins -- brooding Cameron with his scarred hand; Piper, who seems too perfect to be real; and peculiar little Lilias with her fear of bones.

Sophie knows that in her uncle's house, there are rules she must follow: Make no mention of Cameron's accident. Never leave the front gate unlocked. Above all, don't speak of the girl who's no longer there, the sister whose room lies empty of all but the strange antique dolls she left behind.

As Sophie begins to explore the old house, a former academy for girls shut down long ago, she discovers unsettling secrets that shed light on a dark and dangerous history. But there are some secrets Sophie never expected to uncover. Secrets about her own family. Secrets that suggest Sophie may be in more danger than she could have ever imagined.
 


Series: Book #1 in Frozen Charlotte Series
Published By: Scholastic on November 29th, 2016
Pages: 289
Format: Paperback
"Daddy says never open the gate..." 
This is perhaps one of the best mystery/thriller books I've ever read. The plotting and storyline are amazing and will leave the readers breathless. The story opens up with a girl named Sophie loses her best friend the day after playing an ouija board which by the way, I do not recommend playing. Sophie is then whisked away to live with her uncle and cousins Piper, Lilac, and Cameron. Quickly though, she discovers something is not quite right with the house. Then there's Rebecca, who died way before Lilac was born in an unmentionable accident. As Sophie keeps on exploring the place she finds secrets buried deep within about the past and her own family. Sophie finally realizes, if she doesn't cooperate, she might not make it out alive. 
To be completely honest, this book gave me literal chills. I guess I just haven't read any good books at school so when I saw this book with the whole creepy cover and chilling description, I made no hesitation to check the book out, and I never regretted it. I followed Sophie's journey as she explores and discovers all the haunted mysteries of her spooky "temporary" new home and this is one of the books I stayed up until 3 AM reading that gave me chills when I finished. 
I recommend this book to people who love to read horror/mystery books like me, although I wouldn't recommend staying up until 3 reading like I did, that definitely made me jumpy the next day. The author wrote a really unique plot that made me hooked immediately. Though it did bring back my "phobia" of dolls, cause this book definitely brings a whole new creepy meaning to dolls.  But overall, this book is truly amazing and I was thrilled to find out there was a prequel to how this mess all started and I'm trying to find a way to read the book as soon as I can. I hope you guys do read this book because I would truly recommend it! Stay safe and don't forget to keep reading :) 
After all...
"Charlotte is cold..."
 




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Top Categories