Two Can Keep a Secret by Karen M. McManus

 


Echo Ridge is small-town America. Ellery's never been there, but she's heard all about it. Her aunt went missing there at age seventeen. And only five years ago, a homecoming queen put the town on the map when she was killed. Now Ellery has to move there to live with a grandmother she barely knows.
The town is picture-perfect, but it's hiding secrets. And before school even begins for Ellery, someone's declared open season on homecoming, promising to make it as dangerous as it was five years ago. Then, almost as if to prove it, another girl goes missing.
Ellery knows all about secrets. Her mother has them; her grandmother does too. And the longer she's in Echo Ridge, the clearer it becomes that everyone there is hiding something. The thing is, secrets are dangerous--and most people aren't good at keeping them. Which is why in Echo Ridge, it's safest to keep your secrets to yourself.


Series: Standalone 
Published by: Delacorte Press on January 8th, 2019
Pages: 329
Format: Hardcover

I've read the other books by this author and I absolutely loved them. One of Us Is Lying and One of Us Is Next were practically perfection and I've reread them who knows how many times. I first heard about those two books from a classmate who had brought those books to homeroom and after I read what it was about, I asked him if I could borrow it. Soon later, I read the sequel and thought they couldn't have been better. So when I saw this sitting on the shelf in the Library, I didn't hesitate to grab it. Probably one of the only decisions I didn't make that weren't stupid. 
Two Can Keep a Secret was a sort of mystery/murder thingy that I've been into since like last year. I really enjoyed this book and I think reading the ending gave me literal chills. The author ended the book so well and I kinda freaked out at the plot twist like WAIT. WHAAAAAAT.
I guess some part of it was expected, but probably not for most people and since I read a ton of books in this genre, I was able to guess some of the storylines. But the plot twist definitely left me speechless and I kept rereading that part to make sure I wasn't delusional. 
I would recommend this book to people who enjoy mystery murders (kinda) and a good chill of a plot twist. I loved reading this book and can't wait to read more of the author's works. The only warning is to beware of the chilling plot twist. It was so unexpected and despite being able to guess a part of the storyline, the ending just made me freak out and the book does teach a valuable lesson about keeping secrets to yourself. 
Two can keep a secret...if 1 is dead. 



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Top Categories